Principal Software Engineer - Automation Applications
Cloud Product Development | Santa Clara, CA
Principal Software Engineer - Automation Applications
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud (SaaS) provider of IT solutions for enterprise customers. ServiceNow is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their IT by developing and delivering a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise IT management.
Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution. Our customers use our extensible platform (PaaS) to build custom applications for automating activities unique to their business requirements.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
About The Team
The Automation Applications team is focused on transforming enterprise IT by providing innovative applications, which automate and standardize IT Operations Management (ITOM) across the enterprise.
The goal of the Automation Applications team is to radically increase efficiency and interoperability of IT processes (primarily the areas of ITOM & ITPA).
We leverage discovery, workflows, and orchestration to build applications that monitor and manage technology infrastructure for our enterprise customers.
ServiceNow is seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer, to join our rapidly growing team, building ITOM (IT Operations Management) & ITPA (IT Process Automation) software.
The team is looking for a passionate software architect, with a strong track record, who is in search of an exciting environment and innovative technology.
As a Principal Software Development Engineer, you will be a key member of a strong team of developers working on some of the company’s core applications.
We're looking for a very experienced, passionate, driven software architect who can help us build scalable and reliable cloud computing solutions to support the rapid growth of our SaaS products.
As a Software Architect, you will work on solving tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team.
The successful candidate is an experienced software development leader who understands all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
The candidate should to be able to plan and coordinate complex discussions across teams. Working with technical and non-technical users, including engineers, scientists, program managers and operations teams.
We need someone who is comfortable building teams, developing staff, and leading by example.
The candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, management skills to convince senior leadership team at ServiceNow about breakthrough designs and architecture, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment.
The candidate is expected to be very hands-on, getting deep into the technical details, proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Required Skills and Experience
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- High energy and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- 15 plus years of experience designing, developing scalable and distributed systems with either C++/C#/Java
- Experience in SaaS and/or Cloud Infrastructure development
- Experience in architecting and developing end-to-end Cloud Infrastructure Management, Monitoring, Alerting, Self-Healing components that span multiple geographies.
- Experience in architecting and developing Real-Time Service Intelligence solutions for large scale distributed systems that span multiple geographies.
- Experience with Cloud Orchestration/Workflow automation
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object oriented design and design patterns
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid code inspection, debugging and testing skills
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and deploying mission critical software
- Knowledge of cloud technology and distributed computing
- Hands-on experience with MySQL: replication, MyISAM/InnoDB storage engines
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Automation Development team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
« Back to Openings