Senior Payroll Specialist
Finance & Accounting | Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet, and we want to hire people who have their best work ahead of them, not behind them. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out. Senior Payroll Specialist
The Senior Payroll Specialist provides timely and accurate processing of payroll for the US and Canada payroll operations utilizing the ADP payroll system. Payroll processing includes entering all new hires and terminations for a 1200+ multijurisdictional employee base payroll, special payments, garnishments, deduction changes, timesheet data collected from Time and Labor system, and other miscellaneous payroll data. The Senior Payroll Specialist will be part of a 3 person team, providing leadership and guidance to the Payroll Specialist. Roles & Responsibilities
Experience & Skills
- Subject matter expert in the operation of the payroll system and related tools or other payroll operations that support the Company’s tax and reporting compliance requirements. Ability to create adhoc reports on demand. Assists and cross trains team members in payroll time processing, specific area of expertise and other payroll updates/changes.
- Processes employee data (new hires, changes, additional earnings, and benefit deductions) from Workday to ADP, ensuring employees earnings and deductions are accurate, and in compliance with tax and legal requirements and Company established guidelines
- Ensure company and team policies and procedures are followed and that payroll is processed timely, accurately and in compliance with USGAAP, government regulations and SOX requirements.
- Support various department projects and initiatives to ensure efficiency and accuracy of the organization’s activities.
- Perform file uploads/interfaces between ADP/Workday/Fidelity
- Look for ways to streamline processes, creating efficiencies and improving accuracy
- Analyze, balance and prepare basic account reconciliations every month
- Support internal and external payroll inquiries as necessary by performing the necessary research and responding appropriately
- Prepare manual checks as needed
- Assist with the audit requests from the SOX and Internal Audit Team
- Document payroll procedures and update them as changes occur
- Appropriately deduct and report 401K, ESPP, HSA and other
- Handle payroll including wage garnishments, leave of absence calculations, stock option exercises, expatriate transactions
- Must have experience with ESPP, RSU, ISO and NonQual stock activities
- Must have great attention to detail and ability to meet payroll processing and month-end deadlines.
- Must be able to handle and manage sensitive and confidential information with the utmost professionalism and act with the highest ethical standards.
- Must be able to effectively interact with cross-functional groups across the organization including Human Resources, Accounting, Tax and IT.
- Must provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers and demonstrate a sense of urgency in their responses yet maintaining a high standard of accuracy.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
« Back to Openings