Applications Architect / Technical Lead
Information Technology | Santa Clara, CA
ServiceNow, The Enterprise IT Cloud Company, is the industry-leading cloud platform provider for building enterprise applications. We are redefining markets and changing the perception of enterprise software. Our cloud platform allows enterprise IT to bring together business strategy, application design and operations in a powerfully simple solution.
To sustain our explosive growth, we are looking for drivers—people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent on the planet; we're looking for professionals who aren't content with the status quo—people who are more interested in how things could become. Accelerate your career and succeed in an environment where you can make an impact daily. We invite you to join in to stand out.
An Architect is a senior technologist who designs and implements application architecture and owns the application strategies and roadmap for a suite of systems. Their primary areas of focus are core development, design and direction of application and database architecture, and alignment of application architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction. Application architects partner with other architects and technology decision-makers to guide overall direction of the larger technology direction. They work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers and Management in a highly collaborative environment.
- Make critical architectural decisions. Lead/Develop Technical planning, system architecture development and API design - Provide documentation and training to other engineers within the department and with customers.
- Design and maintain technical architecture for portfolio of applications.
- Review and approve application and system documentation used in design, testing or programming efforts by application development teams
- Lead software coding and implementation and act as a reference point for software implementation decisions. Contribute to the implementation, ideation and design phases of each project.
- Coach and support other developers in the team; Propose, design, implement, test as well as adopt new technologies/best practices. Communicate well with customers, other engineers and management.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure design patterns and direction is successfully and consistently implemented.
- Conduct audit and review of Architecture & Standards alignment and steer towards adherence.
- Work with business and business analysts to understand end user needs and future business direction.
- Hands on configuration, development, design and enablement of capabilities as part of POC’s or project teams.
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Equivalent, applicable certification or equivalent experience
- Wide range and in depth experience and understanding of application analysis, development, implementation, and support
- Expert level knowledge of UML (sequence diagrams, class diagrams, state transition diagrams, activity diagrams, etc.)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com, sales cloud, service cloud, content management tools – Oracle WebCenter UCM, Adobe CQ5, Learning management systems, Inquira, Google Search appliance etc. a big plus
- Demonstrated understanding of fundamental technologies: Operating System/Networking, Middleware, Security, Databases, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to interact with all technical and non-technical members of the organization
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
« Back to Openings