Engineering | Pasadena, CA, United States
Spokeo is searching for a handful of supremely talented, extremely passionate programmers to help us usher in the next phase of our development. We've spent years agonizing over the best way to construct an elegant, simplistic, yet highly powerful people search engine, the fruits of which have only recently become very real and very relevant to the way public data is surfaced on the web. In order to perfect our suite of products and take Spokeo to the next level, we need you, assuming you're an awesome web app developer.
Web app developers will be responsible for building features based on product specs from product managers and/or designers. Those features might involve any of our products, from the universal people search interface and functionality to the construction of family trees to a portal that connects customers to employees and employer data. You will work closely with your team to iterate on these and other features, the end goal being--we hope--a beautiful, usable product that connects people to information without hassle.
Note: most of this work will be performed in Ruby on Rails.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Web application development experience in Ruby on Rails (or other modern MVC framework)
- A solid understanding of OO design, all Computer Science fundamentals and SQL database concepts and performance
- Experience in MongoDB is a plus
- Top Salary
- Flexible Hours
- Casual Dress Code
- Stock Options
- Free Lunch Catering Every Day
- Nerf Gun Armory
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Fully Stocked Fridge and Snacks
- Ping Pong, Foosball, and Pool
- Mental and Spiritual Fulfillment