Rehabilitation Case Manager
Contract Full Time | Other Healthcare | Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Rehabilitation Case Manager - Full Time
Centric Health - Charlottetown, PEI
This role is based on a work-from-home concept, with frequent visits to on-site locations, client meetings, and interactions with other pertinent stakeholders. Access to a vehicle or other reliable transportation options is required.
As a Field Rehabilitation Case Manager with Centric Health, you will have many opportunities to challenge yourself through applying a broad range of skills to your work. As an industry leader, we focus on exceeding the expectations of all our clients through a unique relationship and approach that leads to positive outcomes and results.
In this role, you will work predominately with assigned Auto and LTD insurance accounts to manage our customer’s clients disability management programs. In this capacity, you will ensure injuries and disabilities are managed in an effective, timely and cost effective manner. You may also be required to assist with program development and implementation and provide a high standard of service for our clients. This position requires interaction with a diverse group of people including, but not limited to, physicians, treatment providers, insurers, employers, unions and others groups and/ or individuals. You have an understanding of medical terminology, with a high aptitude to provide an outstanding experience for the clients you serve. You also posses strong written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working with people. If you would like to work in a dynamic, team-oriented atmosphere and possess a high level of motivation in the area of disability management, then we are looking for you!
- Proactively managing medical and vocational disability claims, often involving situations of a complex nature
- Ability to effectively manage physical and psychological disability situations
- Working closely with client management, unions and employees to ensure timely return to work occurs
- Implementing early intervention strategies for an employee’s quick recovery and return to work
- Arranging / Coordinating suitable medical assessments, treatment programs and/other activities to effectively manage disability cases
- Liaising with physicians and other health care professionals
- Coordinating and developing suitable and sustainable return to work plans
- Maintaining regular contact with injured/ill employees with a focus on reducing time loss durations and enhancing recovery
- Liaising with applicable insurers
- Fulfilling any other assigned duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Degree in Occupational Therapy, Kinesiology or Nursing
- Ability to speak and write in English (French is a strong asset)
- Demonstrated track record of managing disabilities and absenteeism
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to perform functions of the position with minimal supervision.
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management, negotiation and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Strong diplomacy skills with an ability to be flexible and also give and take direction well.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with clients and team members.
- Excellent documentation and time management skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills.
Apply now! Visit us at www.centrichealthcareers.ca
, on Twitter @CentricHealth1, and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/centric-health-management
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
« Back to Openings