OR Stores Attendant
Canadian Surgery Solutions (CSS)
Centric Health is the largest integrated healthcare company in Canada, and we are growing! Our vision is to be Canada's premier healthcare company with innovative solutions that focus on patients and healthcare professionals. We are building on the strengths of Canadian healthcare to promote healthy living strategies and provide patients the power of healthcare choices that will have a lasting effect on their quality of life. Centric is seeking driven individuals who are motivated by improving the healthcare in the community. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of healthcare with Centric?
As an OR Stores Attendant, you are responsible for clerical and manual duties involved in monitoring, receiving, organizing, and returning surgical supplies and equipment for the Operating Room and Sterile Processing areas. You are passionate about your work and perform with a high level of energy, reliability and pride. Customers and coworkers alike look forward to their interactions with you. You have a solid command of the English language and excellent communication skills.
As an OR Stores Attendant, your responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and updates all aspects of Ormed.
- Receiving, inspecting, and checking inventory and direct buy supplies against packing list and purchase orders; verifies quantities; records and notifies appropriate person of any discrepancies. Stores items safely on shelves, specific locations. Works with Nurse Clinician, and managers in assigning stock locations, monitoring usage and correcting balance on hand issues; participates in ongoing cycle counting and annual inventory counts.
- Processing, coding, and submitting invoices to AP.
- Working with staff to set up and maintain products on shelves, carts, totes, and labels for the organization of the core locations in the OR and SPD with overall cleanliness and tidiness of the storage area and related inventory database stock list.
- Assembling incoming material and equipment as required.
- Delivering and picking up items from all areas to appropriate places.
- Communicating issues and product problems.
- Preparing goods for shipping in conjunction with the managers.
- Assisting with assignment of new stock locations in conjunction with the managers.
- Other duties as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English required.
- Knowledge of surgical supplies/equipment required.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques and infection control practices related to handling of sterile supplies required.
- Medical Terminology preferred.
- Previous experience in supply management required, with supply chain courses preferred.
- Experience in use of the Internet, Microsoft Office programs required.
- Must be capable of lifting objects up to 40kg and pushing, pulling, and moving carts and equipment up to and exceeding 275kg.
- Previous experience in an OR setting an asset.
- Reliable, and flexible with demonstrated positive and effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a demonstrated ability to follow instructions with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess the ability to work in a busy environment while dealing with interruptions and multiple requests and adapt to fluctuating workloads and assignments.
- Knowledge of Medical Device Reprocessing supplies and equipment an asset.
- Initiative required to complete tasks without close supervision
Centric Health offers competitive salaries, full time and part time benefits, and plenty of perks that include the following:
- Medical & Dental Insurance; Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral bonus program