Registered Physiotherapist: Seniors Wellness
Individual Contractor | Physiotherapy | Southampton, Ontario
Physiotherapist - Contractor - Seniors Wellness
Part-time Physiotherapist required for a Long Term Care Home in Southampton, 13 hours per week.
Centric Health is the largest integrated healthcare company in Canada, and we are growing! Our vision is to be Canada's premier healthcare company with innovative solutions that focus on patients and healthcare professionals. We are building on the strengths of Canadian healthcare to promote healthy living strategies and provide patients the power of healthcare choices that will have a lasting effect on their quality of life.
Centric Health is seeking driven individuals who are motivated by improving the healthcare in the community. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of healthcare with Centric Health?
As a Physiotherapist on Contract with Centric's Seniors Wellness (retirement residences & seniors' housing) divisions, you will have many opportunities to challenge yourself through applying a broad range of skills to your work with older adults. Effective communication with other members of the health care team (nurses, physicians, occupational therapists, dieticians, and pharmacists), residents and family members is imperative to succeeding in this role.
• Perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
• Deliver appropriate treatment interventions based on assessment findings
• Provide on-going evaluation of resident progress through S.M.A.R.T. goal setting
• Supervise support staff (physiotherapy assistants/aides) and provide guidelines for specific therapeutic exercise, ambulation and other appropriate treatment interventions
• Provide informal education on transfers, bed mobility and ADL status of residents to nursing staff as necessary as well as ongoing education to residents to improve function, independence and safety.
• Attend resident case conferences as needed to discuss the resident's status with other team members
• Document clinical findings in accordance with the regulations of the College of Physiotherapists
• Record daily treatments and outcome measures using Centric's proprietary, web-based system
• In Long Term Care residences ONLY - Complete physiotherapy specific sections of the RAI-MDS (Resident Assessment Instrument - Minimum Data Set)
• Graduate of an accredited/recognized University Physiotherapy degree program
• Registered with provincial College of Physiotherapists
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
« Back to Openings