Casual | Nursing | Calgary, Alberta
RN- Operating Room
Centric Health is the largest integrated healthcare company in Canada, and we are growing! Our vision is to be Canada's premier healthcare company with innovative solutions that focus on patients and healthcare professionals. We are building on the strengths of Canadian healthcare to promote healthy living strategies and provide patients the power of healthcare choices that will have a lasting effect on their quality of life.
Centric is seeking driven individuals who are motivated by improving the healthcare in the community. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of healthcare with Centric?
As a Registered Nurse with Centric Health Ð Canadian Surgery Solutions you are responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs. The RN will act in accordance to CARNA standards and scope of practice pertaining to the peri-operative patient and in accordance with facility policy and procedure. The RN must possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures. The RN must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors. Possesses critical thinking and assessment skills.
• Providing appropriate assessments and care of the peri-operative patient, including but not limited to:
o Fluid balance and IV therapy
o Respiratory status and O2 therapy
o Neurological status
o Wound care
o Vital sign monitoring and recognition of the need for intervention.
o Resuscitation, defibrillation and response to Malignant Hyperthermia and other emergent situations.
• Maintaining current knowledge of changes or updates in technology and techniques.
• Utilizing all data to formulate individualized care and plans for transfer to the post-anaesthetic recovery room.
• Setting priorities in planning care and implementing the medical treatment plan as determined by the physician.
*Assuming duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Manager, Surgical Services or designate.
• Scrub and circulating responsibilities.
Qualifications Formal Education
• Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program.
• Current CARNA registration.
• Peri-operative Nursing certification an asset
• 2-3 years current peri-operative nursing experience required; 5 years preferred.
• Experience in orthopaedic surgical procedures preferred
« Back to Openings