OR Nurse - Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a healthcare leader in Sarnia!
Centric Health is the largest integrated healthcare company in Canada, and we are growing! Our vision is to be Canada's premier healthcare company with innovative solutions that focus on patients and healthcare professionals. We are building on the strengths of Canadian healthcare to promote healthy living strategies and provide patients the power of healthcare choices that will have a lasting effect on their quality of life.
Centric is seeking driven individuals who are motivated by improving the healthcare in the community. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of healthcare with Centric?
This active, hands-on OR Charge Nurse works closely with the Director to support the needs of the unit. Ideally candidates will also have extensive management experience with administering and budgeting for a busy OR environment.
Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Hands-on OR activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessments & care for pre-operation stages and post-operation recovery
- Must be clinically knowledgeable and competent
- Provide direction to the OR team for patient care needs
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the OR Standards
- Utilize appropriate communication channels to disseminate information Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- CLINICAL: competence in the Nursing process; direct participation in patient care process to guide & motivate team; create & foster a positive working environment; collaborating with management & nursing staff to provide best level of patient care possible; ensure optimal use of resources and prioritize patient care in emergency situations
- ADMINISTRATIVE: participate in strategic planning; develop & revise unit goals & objectives; maintain CQI program & new initiatives; track & maintain unit manuals & inventory supplies; assist the Director with all aspects of budgeting; ensure adherence to the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- EDUCATIONAL: ensure ongoing educatio to maintain personal clinical expertise and professional development; participate in staffing and training initiatives for new staff members; evaluate orientation programs & ongoing staff education
- RESEARCH: facilitate and promote research programs approved by the hospital and Quality Assurance programs initiated for continuous improvement of patient care Qualifications/Skills required
- A Current certificate from the College of Nurses Ontario
- A certificate from a college in Operating Room Nursing
- BScN preferred
- CPN certification through the Canadian Nurses Association is a definite asset
- Minimum of 5 years current OR experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a Charge Nurse position or similar position with similar responsibilities
- Must possess current knowledge of all ORNAC Standards & OR policies & procedures
- Must possess strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving & decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively in an emergency within a multi-disciplinary team in highly stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and analyze computer data
- Strong written & oral communication skills are required with the Director and health care team Why Work For Us?
Employee support, training and continuous improvement are of the utmost importance. Our objective is to continue attracting talented individuals with positive attitudes and a commitment to improving the quality of life of clients and patients. Centric Health’s diverse business strategy means we are always looking for new people to work with us. Join our talented team in a culture of learning, innovation and growth.
Some the Benefits & Perks of working at Centric:
Centric Health offers competitive salaries, benefits, and plenty of perks that make life a little easier:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym memberships and wellness reimbursements
- Employee Referral Bonus program
- A wide variety of product and service discounts exclusive to Centric Health