Registered Respiratory Therapist
Permanent Full Time | Respiratory Therapy | Ottawa, Ontario
Motion Specialties provides customized healthcare solutions for our clients. Our professional staff, convenient retail locations and commitment to the latest state-of-the-art technology all come together to produce the best possible patient outcomes. Motion Specialties is in an aggressive growth phase and our commitment to quality and up-to-date technology has catapulted our company to be Canada’s leading provider of home medical products, including respiratory solutions. Our objective is to continue to attract the best talent in the industry with positive attitudes and commitment to improving the quality of life of clients and patients. Join our talented team in a culture of learning, innovation and growth.
Motion Specialties began in Toronto in 1985, providing comprehensive home health care and accessibility solutions for mobility requirements and oxygen therapy systems. Through a network of 24 locations in Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia, Motion Specialties provides a wide variety of medical devices aimed at maximizing the independence of each client, including: portable oxygen, CPAP, therapeutic support systems, wheelchairs, scooters, walkers, bathroom safety equipment, and home accessibility products such as stair lifts and home elevators.
As of February 2012, Motion Specialties has been a division of Centric Health. Through this relationship, and our partnership with MEDIchair, Motion Specialties/MEDIchair has become the largest home health care provider in Canada. Together with Centric Health, Motion Specialties represents a consolidation of over 3700 clinical practitioners and patient service support staff. Access to this roster of multidisciplinary staff allows Motion Specialties to design our services based on best practice guidelines and create innovative education modules for our clients.
- Arrange initial patient intake appointments and demonstrate a strong understanding of home oxygen therapy, sleep apnea other breathing disorders and chronic and acute respiratory disorders
- Effectively use questionnaires to collect detailed patient histories
- Possess a thorough understanding of diagnostic procedures and devices related to sleep apnea and oxygen therapy
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge regarding complete range of CPAP, BIPAP, Oxygen and other respiratory related equipment (Nebulizers, suction devices, etc.)
- Communicate professionally with referral sources (Physicians, Specialists, Sleep Labs, Hospitals, Community Care)
- Assist Clients in optimizing their CPAP and Oxygen Therapy equipment for the management of their disorder
- Thoroughly understand processes and limits related to all external funding sources -- private, VAC, HOP
- Manage patient expectations and complete assessments within prescribed time frames
- Conducting follow-up service to ensure equipment performance and client compliance
- Graduate of a respiratory Therapy Program from an accredited institution
- Licensed in good standing to practice with a National or Provincial governing body
- 2-3 years of related work experience in a hospital or private respiratory setting - preferred
- RN or RPN with previous respiratory experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Travel may be required
- Background check may be required
« Back to Openings