ABOUT THE COMPANY
Centric Health's strategy is to build on the strengths of Canada’s healthcare system by finding new ways to coordinate the right care options at the right place and time.
As a diversified healthcare company, Centric Health has large national networks offering innovative healthcare solutions in:
- Hospital and Surgical Services
- Home Medical Equipment
- Seniors Wellness
- Rehabilitation Clinics
- Medical Assessments
Over the past few years, Centric has made a significant string of acquisitions that were aligned to help the company achieve their strategic vision. These acquisitions—and organic growth—have driven the scale of business to approximately 10,000 staff and consultants delivering care at almost 1,000 locations across the country. In addition, Centric Health has preferred provider contracts with over 50 corporations, government agencies and employers as well as over 600 contracts specifically with Long Term Care and Retirement Homes.
With Global Healthcare Investments & Solutions as the organization’s strategic advisor, Centric Health is pursuing a deliberate strategy of organic growth, mergers and acquisitions and expansion opportunities. This expansion and diversification into healthcare sectors that demonstrate compelling growth prospects and present synergies, rationalization and cross-pollination benefits will provide a suite of healthcare services to our partners and create meaningful stakeholder value.
Above all, Centric Health has an unwavering commitment to employ the highest service and ethical standards and deliver a superior quality of care. This is Centric Health’s unique brand of care.
Centric Health is listed on the TSX under the symbol CHH.
Centric Health's vision is to be Canada's premier healthcare company with complete range of innovative and whole-life solutions centred on patients and healthcare professionals.
Centric Health’s partnerships with a community of approximately 10,000 dedicated staff and healthcare professionals, in close to 1,000 Centric Health locations across Canada, positions the company to deliver exceptional patient care. Working together, Centric Health combines the highest service and ethical standards with the best possible clinical outcomes. This is the company’s unique brand of care.
Centric Health’s strategy is to expand the healthcare horizon and build on the strengths of Canada’s healthcare system by finding new ways to coordinate the right care options at the right time and to deliver them with passion.
The Centric Health promise to every client and patient is that we have one objective in mind: working with you to realize and maintain your optimum health. If you're looking for a healthcare provider to be your compass to care, let it be Centric Health. Vice President and General Counsel - Centric Health
Centric Health Corporation is currently seeking a Vice-President and General Counsel to join its head office in Toronto.
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will handle a variety of legal responsibilities in connection with the provision of health care products and services provided by various divisions of Centric Health Corporation, its affiliates and subsidiaries. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contractual documents related to the capital structure agreements with financial institutions, commercial agreements, including marketing agreements, license agreements, real estate leases, confidentiality agreement and other general business agreements
- Providing legal advisory support to leadership team and staff of internal business units on a broad range of commercial matters with a focus on strategic initiatives of the organization
- Acting as strategic advisor to the executive team and internal business clients on a variety of legal and regulatory matters; Ability to interface with all levels of management and staff in an organization where respect for people is highly valued
- Work closely with senior leadership team to proactively identify risk in order to advance corporate goals while meeting legal responsibilities and the needs of internal clients
- Structuring commercial agreements in a manner that balances legal risk and business need
- Advise on all legal, regulatory and compliance matters affecting the provision of services
- Handling regulatory and compliance issues; initiate, develop and lead compliance team with the organization’s compliance programs
- Assist with the development of regulatory policies
- Providing training to the business on substantive legal topics in order to ensure organizational compliance
- Managing of legal budget as well as management of external counsel and external legal fees
- Overseeing corporate governance for the organization and its subsidiaries
- Providing expertise in board proceedings and governance best practices
- Advise on the impact of legislative and regulatory changes to Centric Health’s business
- Build relationships with various business groups within the organization
- Provide legal and business support and, in some cases lead, cross-functional teams that are developed to support strategic initiatives
- Advising on any legal issues impacting the organization by identifying applicable statutes, judicial decisions and codes; Keep abreast of legislative changes that may impact the organization and its affiliates/subsidiaries/ Keeping abreast of developments in the law impacting the organization
- Act as secretary to the corporation and has a thorough knowledge of public company governance issues and will also be responsible for keeping corporate minute books and OSC and related filing up to date
- Law degree (JD or LLB) and a member in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 6-8 years of experience in M&A, Health Care, government, corporate and commercial law acquired within a major law firm or in a large publicly traded Canadian organization;
- Must have a knowledge of OSC and TSX requirements
- Experience coordinating efforts among a number of external legal firms while increasing value and minimizing costs to the organization
- Solid contract negotiation and drafting skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to adjust to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Business Acumen
- Ability to make decisions quickly
For consideration for this exciting role, apply now.
No agencies, please.