Sales | NY, DC, Midwest, Southeast, United States
Reporting to the Managing Director of Global Practice Management, you will join a growing team that currently includes eight other Practice Directors around the country. Your mission will be to build and drive a strong sales pipeline, consulting with and educating clients and industry experts on H5's product / service value proposition.
Building your pipeline will involve active networking and following up on referrals via phone and email. We don't make a lot of cold calls, but we'll expect you to maintain a certain cadence, measured in both quality and quantity, of sourcing and networking activity.
Once you've identified an interested potential client, you will take a proactive approach to establishing yourself as an expert consultant, engaging in a process of deep discovery to understand their issues and position our capabilities. You then will collaborate closely with H5's professional staff to design complex document review and analysis solutions for high-stakes litigation and investigation matters, helping balance the client's business demands with the operational constraints and financial objectives of the company.
Once you've presented the solution and closed the deal, you'll hand the project over to the engagement team, but you'll maintain contact with the account to ensure client satisfaction and identify further business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a law degree and experience practicing as a lawyer, although we will also consider candidates from other backgrounds who can convey the same level of credibility. In addition, you will be a good fit for this opportunity if you have:
- Significant experience and a successful track record in originating and closing large, complex business transactions.
- Substantial experience in business process outsourcing or sales of professional services at the enterprise level.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and capacity to develop and articulate complex solutions that combine technology and services.
- A proven capacity to develop and conclude business with senior executive-level clients in a consultative sales model.
- A strong background in or understanding of the legal industry.
- An established network within Fortune 1000 corporate and AmLaw 200 circles.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- The ability to grasp and explain advanced technological and business concepts.
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, a robust work ethic and a sense of accountability and ownership.
- Solid organizational skills and a process orientation.
You also will need to be willing and able to travel up to 20% of the time.
We're looking for a 'hunter' with the polished demeanor of a legal professional; whether you come from a blue chip law firm or not, you'll need to project that image. To excel in this role you will marry your entrepreneurial drive with strong intellect and acumen, and combine your sales hustle with a methodical approach. We don't need to close a lot of business to succeed, but you will need the persistence to work through a number of NOs before you get to a YES. You'll also need to be hard working, willing to take risks, resourceful, and driven to do what it takes to get the job done.