Design | Redwood City, CA, United States
Shopkick is searching for an exceptionally talented Content Curator to develop and source a wide variety of inspiring retail-based content. Our Content Curators are responsible for inspiring shoppers to visit brick-and-mortar retail locations through great curation, evocative visual storytelling and clever narration of fashion and lifestyle-related topics. If you are obsessed with shopping, seek a fast-paced start-up environment and are eager to delight millions of people with your work, this is the job for you!
Shopkick helps people live an affordable awesome life. It helps them save, find, discover and get rewarded at stores they already go to. All they need to do is show up!
Shopkick is the most used shopping app at retail stores in the U.S. (Nielsen data), and a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer. It has over 150 brand partners (P&G, Unilever, Mondelez, L’Oreal, Revlon, General Mills, Pepsi etc) and 15 retail partners (Target, Best Buy, Macy’s, Old Navy etc), and is deployed in over 10,000 large stores across the U.S. In 2013, Shopkick drove $500M in revenue for its partners (2012 - $200M, 2011 - $110M). Shopkick adds a digital layer on top of the physical store experience for over 7 million users, to make it personal and rewarding. In November 2013, shopkick launched the first Apple iBeacon-related live trial with a major retailer anywhere (Macy’s) with shopkick’s shopBeacon platform. This technology allows brands to connect directly with consumers in the store.
Shopkick Starts 100-Store iBeacon Trial For American Eagle, Biggest Apparel Rollout Yet
Apple’s iBeacon Comes To Macy’s: Is This The Future of Shopping?
Macy’s Begins Pilot Test of Apple’s iBeacon In Flagship New York, San Francisco Stores
Apple’s iBeacon Potential Emerges in shopkick Macy’s Initiative
Shopkick users have earned $25M in rewards, scanned 70M products, and viewed 4B offers
- Employ a creative blend of merchandising, copywriting and visual storytelling skills to produce a high volume of inspiring, engaging and on-trend mobile content
- Stay on top of current and emerging trends in retail, including—but not limited to—apparel,jewelry, shoes, accessories, lifestyle/home goods, beauty products, and CPGs
- Research, pull images and write compelling, thoughtful copy for a variety of retailers
- Create and upload content daily, using a web-based administration tool, HTML and Microsoft Excel
- You have a BA/BS in writing, art, design, fashion merchandising, or digital communications—or at least one year of online merchandising, copywriting, or digital marketing experience
- You have experience working in digital editorial or WordPress, and are comfortable troubleshooting HTML
- You have a working knowledge of Photoshop, and can confidently edit images and design assets
- You have a strong, cohesive aesthetic vision and a sharp eye for viral, high-quality merchandise and a strong knowledge of fashion and lifestyle brands
- You can effectively manage time-sensitive projects from concept to delivery
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and can work well in a vibrant, collaborative team environment