Software Developer - Core Service
Technology | Santa Monica, CA
The Core Services team builds distributed database systems and high-performance service APIs that drive our website and devices. We are looking for developers who are passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and uptime. We get excited with sub-millisecond service response time and building fault-tolerant systems at data center level. We also relentlessly tune our systems to get the best performance out of them.
- Work on building out the core backend services used to support the Hulu experience.
- Develop highly available systems.
- Leverage our Hadoop and Cassandra cluster and its ecosystems of services.
- Test, write and release production ready code.
- Experiment with new technologies to make sure we can scale for the future.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience. Master is a plus.
- Strong desire to learn and research on distributed systems
- Desire to innovate on a large existing platform.
- Passionate about automation, testing, and code quality
- Ability to quickly jump into an open source or external code base to find and fix critical performance issues or bugs
Experience with any of the following technologies and applications is preferred but not required:
- Highly scalable and distributed systems
« Back to Openings