Software Developer - Analytic Tools
Technology | Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's small but growing cohort is seeking talented individuals to help us take over the world. On this adventure, you will help build a service where people can find and enjoy the world's premium content when, where, and how they want it. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges and enjoys ping-pong with fellow extraterrestrials, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver a service that our users call 'brain-spray awesome.' Take a peek inside at Hulu's culture by reading What Defines Hulu, our team credo.
At Hulu, data is critical for all our decision making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets. Our hunger for data and analysis is never ceasing and always growing. We're looking for a Senior Developer who understands this hunger for data and also knows how to satiate it by defining and building analytics tools to navigate and mine the data. We want someone who can engage with our product, engineering, research and business teams to understand their data needs, help drive the importance of metrics, data analysis and deliver an analytics platform that suits their needs.
Interested in joining our team? In a nutshell, we are looking for strong developer who loves data because of all the potential questions it can answer and is always dreaming up new ways to visualize and access data. Responsibilities
- Design and build flexible, intuitive, fast and reliable tools to aid in the analysis and consumption of big data
- Evaluate Business intelligence use and need and how it fits into our environment
- Collaborate with different cross functional teams (development, business development, product managers, research, marketing and finance) to better understand data needs
- Gather reporting requirements and also helping to come up with better analysis based on a solid understanding of our current reporting platform
- Drive the development process for new features and services
- Evangelize data analysis within Hulu and within the open source community
- Strong programming (Java/C#/C++ or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
- Expertise with at least one major database system (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with challenges involved with working with large data systems
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hbase, Hive a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about answering questions with data
- Independent, energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity
Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Computer Science. PhD is a plus (or equivalent industry experience)
We have high expectations of every member of our team and believe that this standard helps us deliver a service that is 'brain-spray awesome.'
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
« Back to Openings