Corporate | Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's ever-growing team is seeking talented candidates to help build a service that offers the world's premium media content when, where and how consumers want it. If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, then let us know! We have high expectations of every member of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver a service that has been called 'brain-spray awesome.'
The benefits manager will own and implement a long-term, cost effective, employee benefits strategy that attracts, retains, and serves the growing Hulu team. This will encompass all aspects of benefits to include a wellness program, management of our EAP program, 401(k) plan administration, compliance, and executive benefits design.
- Manage external vendor relationships, including benefit carriers, brokers, and service providers.
- Manage annual benefits renewals including plan design recommendations, open enrollment, employee education, TPA direction.
- Partner with Director of HR Operations and the legal team to ensure the employee handbook is up to date.
- Develop and implement employee communication and intranet updates/posts related to all benefits, wellness programs, and company policy updates.
- Partner with our HR Specialist to administer our benefit plans including orientation of new hire benefits, enrollment processes, claim problems and questions, and plan design. Ensure compliance with regulatory mandates and legislation (ERISA, HRC, HIPPA, COBRA, IRS, DOL and CMS) at all times.
- Partner with HRIS Manager on all benefit integrations with our HRIS System, (Workday).
- Measure/analyze Health Plan / Ancillary Benefits / Wellness Initiative results including cost per enrollee & member, level of engagement and participation.
- Manage and coordinate 401K plan including educating employees; audits, and manage/selection of TPA and Plan design.
- Track and coordinate benefits for FMLA, LOA, WC and STD leave. Including monthly reporting, processing claims, auditing premiums, and eligibility.
- Oversee Cobra and FSA account administration and compliance.
- Partner with HRIS Manager to report on Health Care Reform Compliance.
- Monitor trends in employee benefit plans to ensure competitive and comply with regulations.
- Maintain and interpret plan documents. Documents include: Medical files including all health and life insurance documentation; 401K information; short-term disability; FMLA; COBRA; HIPAA certificates; Form 5500 compliance.
- Lead our philanthropic efforts by being the “Chairperson” of our “Give Back Advisory Board”.
- Minimum 7 years of benefit management experience.
- Must possess considerable knowledge of federal state employment laws and compliance laws i.e. Health Care Reform, State of California, NY, WA, MI, and IL are a plus.
- Must be familiar with computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; HRIS system knowledge a plus specifically Workday.
- Experience driving wellness strategies and programs.
- Experience managing a consumer driven benefit programs (HSA or HRA) a plus.
- Requires a direct, empathetic communication style, polished public speaking, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask. This job also requires independent thinking, the ability to problem solve, and deal with high-stress situations.
- Ability to thrive in a rapid paced and dynamic business environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- SPHR certification a plus.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer
« Back to Openings