Software Quality Assurance Engineer – Mobile
Technology | Santa Monica, CA
The Hulu team in Los Angeles is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to be part of a small team that develops the future of Hulu Plus apps on mobile devices. We believe in giving our users access to the world’s premium content when, where, and how they want it. If you are the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, then this could be the right place for you.
The team you would be joining builds Hulu Plus applications for iOS, Android, Windows 8, and other mobile platforms. These applications include both navigational user interfaces and video playback experiences, often pushing the bounds of device capabilities in the process. In addition to black-box testing, you must be able to configure devices, run manual and automated test cases, and work alongside the engineering team to diagnose problems. Your responsibilities will include defining test strategies, comprehensive understanding of system use cases, and from that knowledge developing test plans and manual test cases to be able to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. We also encourage you to explore new ideas and concepts to streamline quality assurance.
In this role you will work closely with our engineering and product teams on a variety of devices and services. As a key stakeholder, you’ll join in triaging issues and coordinating release timelines and minimum release qualifications. You will also work closely with developers to escalate blocking issues and investigate root causes. This is a unique opportunity to join a small test team and have a meaningful impact on the QA process and culture, as well as the products we release. As a result, those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances. Responsibilities
- Creation of test plans and test reports
- Execution of test cases, both manual and automated
- Issue tracking, both internally and in collaboration with hardware partners
- Participation in both day-to-day software development workflows and release candidate testing.
- Minimum of 3 years of software testing experience
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Experience with test automation tools, schedulers, frameworks, and harnesses
- Ability to recognize power-law distribution of customer use cases, team effort, etc.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Willingness to take challenges head on, while being part of a team
- Knowledge of software engineering practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
« Back to Openings