Quality Assurance Engineer
Technology | Seattle, WA
The Hulu team in Seattle is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to be part of a small team that will help shape the future of Hulu Plus in the living room. We believe in giving our users access to the world’s premium content when, where, and how they you want it. If you are the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, then this could be the right place for you.
The team you’d be joining builds Hulu Plus applications for a wide variety of living room devices. These applications include both navigational user interfaces and video-playback experiences. In addition to black-box testing, you must be able to configure devices, run manual and automated test cases, and work alongside the engineering team to diagnose problems. Your responsibilities will include identifying use cases and creating test plans, defining test strategies, and creating manual test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. We also encourage you to explore new ideas and concepts to streamline quality assurance.
In this role you will work closely with our engineering and product teams on a variety of devices and services. As a key stakeholder, you’ll join in triaging issues and coordinating release timelines and minimum release qualifications. You will also work closely with developers to escalate blocking issues and investigate root causes. This is a unique opportunity to join a small test team and have a meaningful impact on the QA process and culture, as well as the products we release. As a result, those most likely to excel in this role are independent, creative, and able to operate effectively in ambiguous circumstances.
Our team in Seattle builds the Hulu Plus experience for over 20 different living room devices, gaining early access to new models months before they launch. So, if you’re interested in being at the cutting edge of technology, and you take pride in delivering world-class user experiences, we want to talk to you.http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices Key Objectives and Activities
- Setup of test devices (e.g. gaming consoles, set-top boxes, Internet-connected TVs, Blu-ray players)
- Creation of test plans and test reports
- Execution of test cases, both manual and automated
- Issue tracking, both internally and in collaboration with hardware partners
- Minimum of 3 years of software testing experience
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- Experience with test automation tools, schedulers, frameworks, and harnesses
- Ability to recognize power-law distribution of customer use cases, team effort, etc.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Willingness to take challenges head on, while being part of a team
- Knowledge of software engineering practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
« Back to Openings