Principal Software Development Lead - Ad Platform
Technology | Santa Monica, CA
At Hulu we use technology to build lasting, large-scale solutions to power a service used by tens of millions of users, accessing videos across a large footprint of devices. We engineer our own ad server to handle thousands of simultaneous requests in a few milliseconds and deliver over 1 billion ad impressions a month. There is an abundance of large, non-trivial challenges facing Hulu as we pioneer the transition and evolution of television and advertising to online platforms. This role requires an engineering manager that is capable of designing, architecting and executing large scale systems with a team of A+ engineers.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Architect, design, and extend a high-capacity, large scale ad server.
- Collaborate with senior internal team members and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
- Own the end to end workflow for hulu advertising business. This includes planning, creative ingestion, trafficking workflows, ad decisioning, metrics, and billing.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for a team of software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to attract talent, build teams and have fun.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and, if needed, introduce mechanisms to keep the team on track.
- Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- 8+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven ability to execute on projects.
- Experience with digital advertising and/or the advertising industry.
- A passion for building technology and digital media
« Back to Openings