Hulu's small and growing Seattle office is seeking talented individuals to help us reinvent television. You will help build a service where people can find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where, and how they want it. If you're the kind of person who loves modern UI, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver world-class service.
The Living Room team at Hulu creates the Hulu clients that run on Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, Roku, FireTV, and many others. Our small, high-performance team is responsible for the UI for the fastest-growing segment of Hulu traffic, on all the best devices, the very day those devices ship. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu’s business.
We’re looking for a senior front-end developer who loves modern 10-foot UI. We are building the best Video on Demand (VOD) experience the living room has ever seen, and we work with a plethora of different technologies and partners to do so. We are reinventing television. If you’re looking for a challenge you’ve come to the right place!
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, and engineering leadership to create best-of-class, delightful TV-watching experiences.
- Work with other developers to deliver a modern Hulu client UI to multiple device platforms.
- Implement the UI for new features and initiatives, working closely with the developers of the Hulu web site and mobile apps.
- Help redefine how we all engage with and consume video content in the living room.
- 5+ years experience as a front-end developer and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Strong experience with Scrum and test-driven development.
- Fluency in best practices for multi-platform design.
- Work samples demonstrating experience creating great UI.
- In-depth knowledge of web-service and data-driven application architecture.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Experience developing for Xbox, Playstation, Apple TV, or similar devices is a plus.
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM also a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s preferred).