Senior Software Developer - Content Platform
Technology | Santa Monica, CA
Hulu is all about delivering high quality video content to our users. The Content Platform team is responsible for content ingestion, review, and management tools that syndicate content from over 300 partners to Hulu.com and devices. No part of the business is more central to Hulu's success. Come join the team that brings outstanding premium video content to millions of users every day.Responsibilities
- Build the industry's leading partner portal to manage video assets and provide insight into our content workflows.
- Scale our high volume content review system to perform across a variety of regions and languages
- Create efficient caption processing systems to ensure Hulu is always accessible to foreign language speakers and to the hearing impaired
- Scale our CDN distribution technologies to meet increasing user demand.
- Generate quality and efficiency metrics to help drive the performance of the team.
- Manage dependencies with our site, devices, and video transcoding teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, databases, etc.)
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and implementation
- Have expertise building and querying relational database schemas
- Can work independently but knows when to ask for help or clarification
- Understand large scale distributed systems and technologies
- Care about the nuances of user experience and are excited about creating great UIs
- Always think about better ways to solve problems
Experience with the following technologies/applications is preferred but not required:
- Python or Ruby
- Actionscript 3
- Adobe Flex 3 or 4
- Video Encoding/Streaming
If you're the kind of person who obsesses over details, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, please introduce yourself through our online application process! We have high expectations of every member on our team, and we believe this standard helps us deliver an experience that's been called 'brain-spray awesome' for our consumers.
Hulu is an equal opportunity employer.
« Back to Openings