Senior Software Developer - Client Metrics
Hulu's small and growing Seattle office is seeking talented individuals to help us reinvent television. You will help build a service where people can find and enjoy the world's premium video content when, where, and how they want it. If you're the kind of person who loves data, thrives in a collaborative environment, and jumps at the opportunity to take on new challenges, Hulu may be the place for you. We have high expectations of our team, and we believe this standard helps us to deliver world-class service.
At Hulu, data is critical for all our decision making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content, or detecting anomalous behavior in web services. Our hunger for data and analysis never ceases and is always growing. We're looking for a senior software developer who shares this hunger and wants to instrument Hulu clients to learn everything about how viewers use our product, where the pain points are, and see how the quality of our service changes in real-time. We want someone who can build the client libraries that all Hulu clients will use, architect, build, and operate the back-end services that collect the data, and create the dashboards and visualizations that help make the information useful.
Interested in joining our team? In a nutshell, we are looking for strong developer who loves data because of all the potential questions it can answer and is always dreaming up new ways to visualize and access data.
- Design and build a data collection service that collects, aggregates, and transforms massive amounts of incoming data.
- Design client libraries and help other teams instrument the Hulu clients using them.
- Create tools, dashboards, and alerts to visualize, report, and take action on the data.
- 5+ years experience and strong programming language and scripting skills.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc).
- Strong experience with Scrum, test-driven development, and DevOps.
- In-depth knowledge of web services architecture and data-driven application architecture.
- Expertise with at least one major database system (MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) and with NoSQL.
- Experience with challenges involved with working with large data systems.
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Hbase, Hive.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Passionate about answering questions with data.
- Independent, energetic, and capable of driving for results under pressure and ambiguity.
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (Master’s preferred).