Software Development Lead - Living Room Team (Seattle)
Technology | Seattle, WA
The Living Room team at Hulu is looking for a Lead developer who has a good grip on front-end technology and solid understanding of how back-end technologies work. We work with the latest and greatest pieces of living room hardware. We are dedicated to building the best VOD application that you can find in a living room we work with a plethora of different front end technologies and we’re always looking for ways to make code cleaner, easier to understand, and more performant. If you’re looking for a challenge you’ve come to the right place, we even have devices with less memory than refrigerators now-a-days and we’re putting Hulu on them!
As a living room lead you would be responsible for a small team of developers helping to bring the best Hulu experience to the living room. We have multiple devices to manage and no shortage of challenging problems. You would be a technical liaison to various living room partners. Communication is vital to mentor and facilitate team wide decisions for development and design.
- Architect, design, and build high-capacity, large-scale services, tools, or client applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
- Own the operations for your team’s services and platforms to ensure stability and uptime.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for your team, and mentor new recruits.
- Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
- Drive innovation within your problem space by keeping abreast of needs, industry trends, and by enabling your team to explore novel solutions.
- Manage a small team of developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- At least four years of relevant software engineering experience, including exposure to a full software development lifecycle.
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams of engineers.
- Significant experience building large-scale software for the web, for line-of-business applications, or equivalent.
« Back to Openings