Software Development Lead - Living Room
Technology | Seattle, WA
The Living Room team at Hulu delivers the best living room experiences the industry has to offer on the most number of devices. Our small, high performance team is responsible for the fastest growing segment of Hulu traffic, on all the best devices, usually the very day those devices ship. Everything we do directly affects millions of consumers, their experience with our service, and Hulu’s business.
As a living room lead you would be responsible for a small team of developers helping to bring the best Hulu experience to the living room. We have multiple devices to manage and no shortage of challenging problems. You would be a technical liaison to various living room partners. Communication is vital to mentor and facilitate team wide decisions for development and design.
- Architect, design, and build high-capacity, large-scale services, tools, or client applications.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and drive implementation.
- Own the operations for your team’s services and platforms to ensure stability and uptime.
- Provide technical and organizational leadership for your team, and mentor new recruits.
- Evangelize your team’s work across Hulu, the industry, and the open source community.
- Drive innovation within your problem space by keeping abreast of needs, industry trends, and by enabling your team to explore novel solutions.
- Manage a small team of developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience.
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.)
- At least four years of relevant software engineering experience, including exposure to a full software development lifecycle.
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams of engineers.
- Significant experience building large-scale software for the web, for line-of-business applications, or equivalent.
Experience with any of the following technologies and applications is preferred but not required:
- Ruby, Python, Java, Android
- Wii, Wii U, 3DS, Apple TV, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Amazon Fire TV, Smart TV's
- Streaming video to devices
- Multi-tier web applications
- Open source software
« Back to Openings