This position is responsible for design, construction and implementation of Data Warehouse data load and transformation processes. This will be a hands-on technical role, heavily involved in technical design, development, implementation, and production support activities relating to Data Warehouse load/transformation utilities and processes. This individual will occasionally work with our end user community to provide ongoing support, and will work closely with project leaders and business analysts to plan and execute business initiatives.
- Analyze source data to understand the data structure, definitions and anomalies.
- Interact with other technical team members to establish data requirements and designs.
- Maintain and enhance existing custom data warehouse load/transformation processes.
- Design, develop and implement new data warehouse load/transformation processes –custom and/or packaged apps.
- Program in SQL (MySQL database) to perform the data query, extract, transformation and load functions.
- Create new reports in PHP using loaded data.
- Document data warehouse processes in a clear and concise manner.
- Estimate time and cost required to accomplish projects.
- Support the nightly data warehouse jobs and processes and resolve production data load issues as they occur.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field OR 6 years relevant experience
- Strong SQL query (MySQL database) and database design skills
- Experienced PHP developer
- Working knowledge of Java
- Knowledge and/or understanding of ETL tools like Talend, SSIS, Pentaho
- Ability to turn loosely defined requirements into design, including helping user understand and make decisions
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum.
- Knowledge of Jira , Confluence, Fisheye, SVN and Git.
- Thrive in fast paced environment
- Smarts, humility, and equal willingness to learn and teach
- 6+ years’ experience in all of the above
- Experience working with large datasets (600 million+ rows/day)
- Experience with HADOOP, Big Table, Hive, Hbase a plus
- Knowledge of STAR schema design a plus
Reports to: Data Warehouse Technical Manager