We're looking for a Team Lead Java web engineer to join our nimble no-bullshit Nitro Cloud engineering team at our San Francisco HQ and lead key feature development. Over the past 18 months we've built a freemium web application for converting, signing, and collaborating on documents. With 2 million unique web users already we are next releasing an integration with Nitro's desktop software while native mobile development is slated for 2014. In this role, you will work closely with our VP of Product Engineering and report to our Head of Nitro Cloud Engineering on a small dedicated cross-functional engineering team.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Lead and mentor a mixed team of junior and mid level engineers
- you’ll be building web applications for our millions of users and customers (including the Nitro team)
- integrate and launch a product from scope, launch and delivery
- planning, designing, and building effective and efficient solutions to support a rapidly-growing business and massive usage scale (we're talking tens of millions of monthly users)
- working closely with a no-bullshit tightly-knit engineering team to architect, deliver, and improve technical solutions that delight our users.
- pushing the envelope on what's possible and applying pragmatic approaches to building sustainable solutions
- owning engineering of entire full-stack features
- fixing and optimizing anything you find broken and important
- helping establish best engineering practices and mentoring others about them
- performing own QA by building automated test suites
- working with our desktop and platform engineering teams to architect and implement SaaS interfaces and provide a unified great user experience
- vigilantly monitoring and improving performance (client-side and back-end)
- a long-term partner in revolutionizing document workflow management through technical excellence
- Drive! superior trouble shooting skills that may be escalated by team members
- enthusiasm and a learning mindset (research and prototyping are a major part of this job)
- 5+ years of experience with large SaaS infrastructures
- 10+ years of experience with large OOP codebases (Java enterprise web apps preferred)
- someone who can help distill the vision into a working prototype and then evolve that to a product serving millions
- ability to move fast and distinguish signal from noise in everyday work life
- extensive experience with agile development
- experience with metric-informed approaches to improving overall product experience
Traits that will distinguish the ultimate candidate:
- experience with software behind web and mobile collaboration and productivity applications (e.g. massive file storage, object versioning, security permissions, supporting multiple user platforms)
- experience with desktop and cloud or mobile and cloud integrations
- proven track record with commercial SaaS applications used globally at a massive scale
- experience with Play! framework or Java enterprise web frameworks that include Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, ...
Who we are:
At Nitro, we’re changing the way the world works with documents. From the desktop to the cloud, we make it easy to create, edit, share, sign and collaborate – online or offline.
More than 400,000 businesses run Nitro, including over 50% of the Fortune 500. We’re the PDF software partner of choice for Lenovo, and our award-winning products, including Nitro Pro and Nitro Cloud, are used by millions of people around the world every month.
Australian-founded, we’re headquartered in downtown San Francisco, with offices in Melbourne, Australia; Dublin, Ireland; Nitra, Slovakia; and St. Petersburg, Russia. We’re growing fast, and we’re always hiring, so please visit www.nitropdf.com/jobs if you’re interested in joining the team.