Major responsibilities include ensuring guests are satisfied with hotel cleanliness, responding to guest needs, ensuring safety and security of rooms, maintaining inventory and cost controls, selecting, training, maintaining and managing a motivated and skilled work force. Establishes a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality and provides exemplary performance for the staff to follow.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management, Business Management or related field; or a High School diploma and an equivalent combination of education and experience to meet the job specifications.
Three years of progressive management experience in a medium to large, up-scale hotel/resort environment as an Executive Housekeeper.
Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques and chemical handling, requirements and use of equipment.
Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal. Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers.
Compute mathematical calculations.
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.