Outside Sales | San Diego, CA, United States
FiveStars is the fastest growing company in customer loyalty and marketing automation for local businesses. Launched out of Y-Combinator three years ago to democratize Fortune 500-level loyalty technology, we now drive two million customer visits per month across our network of over five thousand businesses and have raised a total of $45 million in funding from top-tier investors like Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and DCM.
FiveStars is searching for a proactive, energetic, and achievement-driven outside sales representative to join and grow with our all-star sales team!
Outside sales representatives will conduct a high volume of face-to-face meetings with business owners on a daily basis, sell our SaaS product to those business owners, gain new business through cold-calling, leverage existing relationships, and generate leads and referrals. Outside sales representatives should be able to identify customer needs and utilize solution-based selling techniques to demonstrate the value of FiveStars' products and services. Ability to handle pressure and close a deal is key! Since this is a startup, thinking outside the box is also a definite plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Likeable and relatable, but highly competitive
- 6+ months of successful, high volume face-to-face outside sales experience (with the numbers to prove it)
- Uncanny ability to locate new business owners, through various social media sources such as Yelp, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Enjoy working in a startup environment (i.e., highly flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment)
- High level of integrity, customer service, and customer management skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to hit aggressive sales objectives while being a team player
- Resourceful, assertive, and comfortable taking risks to achieve these goals
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple detailed projects simultaneously while adapting to changing roles and priorities
- ABC means more to you than a reference to the alphabet
- Successfully sold to franchise, chain, or individual pay-at-the-counter food/drink businesses (i.e., coffee & tea shops, fast casual restaurants, QSR, etc.)
- Has a 'rolodex' of business owner contacts in the SMB space
- Demonstrated history of sales achievements in a commissioned environment
- Startup experience