Customer Success | San Francisco, CA, United States
FiveStars is the fastest growing company in customer loyalty and marketing automation for local businesses. Launched out of Y-Combinator three years ago to democratize Fortune 500-level loyalty technology, we now drive two million customer visits per month across our network of over five thousand businesses and have raised a total of $45 million in funding from top-tier investors like Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and DCM.
Be a Technical Support Hero for the greatest company on earth. Your heart may start beating faster just thinking about it. Don’t worry -- THIS IS NORMAL. You might be thinking, “Wait, I am nervous; I can’t be qualified to work at the world’s greatest company.” Probably true, but are you really going to let that stop you from reading on?
As our Technical Support Hero, you must help solve challenging and vexing problems that our merchants encounter to develop lasting relationships with their customers. You will learn our product inside and out and develop deep knowledge in a wide variety of marketing, retail and Point-of-Sale technologies, troubleshooting problems for clients around the country using a combination of specific technical knowledge, on-the-spot problem-solving ability, and scrappy ingenuity.
- Troubleshoot and solve our client’s technical problems
- Recognize common issues and think of ways to solve them permanently
- Interact with clients effectively through a variety of media (email, phone, social)
- Constantly develop ways to improve processes and create value
- Think outside the box
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism, and empathy over the phone, email, and chat
- Familiarity with firewalls and virus scan software
- Ability and willingness to acquire niche technical knowledge related to a wide array of retail hardware and technology (including some that has been in the field for decades!)
- Very comfortable working with Windows and Mac OS
- Have a few useful DOS commands floating around in your head and know when to execute them
- Remain composed in high stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Passionate about creatively working through tough technical issues
- Positive attitude and professionalism is a must
- Prior startup experience
- Prior technical and customer support experience
- Programming knowledge