Events | Buffalo, NY, United States
Live Events Coordinator
About Townsquare Media Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 241 radio stations and over 250 local companion websites in 51 small to mid-sized markets, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business. Additionally, Townsquare Media also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops and their families. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder. The Live Events group at Townsquare Media is responsible for the development, production, and promotion of over 300 live events across the country on an annual basis. The group’s activity encompasses music events/festivals, consumer and trade expos and fairs, as well as other non-music entertainment.
The Live Events Coordinator will be involved in all aspects of each show/event in the Buffalo market and report into the Live Events Manager. The position will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinate logistics for each event and creating timelines and assigning responsibilities for day of event procedures
- Working with the Live Events Manager to manage event budget
- Working with local programming team to drive and promote ticket sales – responsible for creating and implementing marketing plans for each major event
- Assist in selling Event Sponsorship/Vendor Booths and Seize the Deal commitments.
- Deep familiarity with [and our products, including broadcasting, commerce, and digital marketing assets
- Working with local sales force to drive vendor solicitation, booth sales, and sponsorship sales and coordinate sponsorship fulfillment on-site
- Availability to work weekends as needed
- Idea generation and implementation
The position will report to the Live Events Manager of Buffalo, NY but will also work extensively with the GMs of each market and the corporate live events team, based in Connecticut.
Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following:
- 1- 4 years of experience in live event production (either from an agency, venue, production company, or tour/concert promoter)
- Deep familiarity with MS Office suite products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Basic financial accounting skills (to build event by event pro forma financials)
- Familiarity with cost management and show settlement procedures
- Some production oversight experience (staging, sound & lights, pipe & drape)
- Eagerness to work hard, learn, and be part of a growing and fast-moving live events team with upward mobility for successful employees
To be commensurate with experience