We are looking for a self-starter, who is a highly motivated individual, but also comfortable with collaboration and cooperation with multiple groups and is able to stay focused and organized in times of intense activity. Success in this position will require the ability to absorb and understand specific technical requirements, propose creative and efficient solutions, and to execute on those solutions as effectively as possible. Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail are absolute requirements in this role. This position will be responsible for all facets of Network Planning and Design, Implementation, Optimization and Maintenance for our military-based networks throughout the US. Performs remote and onsite configuration and integration support. Also provides post-launch operational support for complex, wireless network deployments.
KEY JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Architect, deploy and support nationwide IP network with multi-tenant WLAN sub-networks.
- Hands-on involvement with installation, management and support for a complex, highly available wired and wireless (802.11, point-to-point and point-to-multipoint) network infrastructure.
- Network Management, Operational support, configuration and implementation of change request services.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Must have the ability to work well on a team as well as be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability and proven skill set to manage, coordinate and prioritize work tasks to ensure timely and quality work.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the design, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Effectively work independently on projects/tasks
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
- Perform analysis of complex network designs
KEY JOB SKILLS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- IP Network Design and Deployment skills
- Thorough understanding of WLAN operations, security and network management
- Experience designing and deploying key WLAN applications including IPTV, Voice over WLAN, and Wireless Guest Access
- Expert level Inter-networking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with IP networking and LAN Switching
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, QoS and capacity planning.
- Cisco switching knowledge and skills absolutely required.
- NMS experience using Cacti, Solarwinds, Netcool and other platforms.
- AAA knowledge using TACACS+/ACS required.
- Unix/Linux scripting (shell, Perl, PHP) highly desired, as are general *nix System Admin skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related area (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 6+ years related network design and engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- In-depth knowledge of switch configurations, including VLANs, trunking vs. access and other port settings
- Multicast IPTV experience a plus
Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Vision Nice to haves:
Company Description: Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of small cell networks covers more than a million DAS and Wi-Fi locations and reaches more than 1 billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform is the only monetization engine of its kind, driving revenue through carrier offload, advertising, location-based data analytics, and consumer products like IPTV, high-speed broadband, and Wi-Fi. In addition to public Wi-Fi and DAS networks in large scale venues, Boingo installs and maintains high-speed networks on military bases and provides broadband and IPTV services to troops in the barracks. Established in 2001 by chairman and Earthlink founder Sky Dayton, the company went public in 2011.
- Knowledge of Wireless technology, including 802.11 b/g/n/ac and point-to-point/point-to-multipoint radio
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with Ruckus and Cisco WLAN, routing and switching equipment