We are looking for a self-starter, highly motivated WLAN Engineer who is also comfortable with collaboration and cooperation among multiple groups and is able to stay focused and organized in times of intense activity. Success in this position will require the ability to absorb and understand specific technical requirements, propose creative and efficient solutions, and to execute on those solutions as effectively as possible. Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail are absolute requirements in this role. This position will be responsible for the delivery of Network Planning and Design, Implementation, Optimization and Maintenance for our networks throughout the US. Perform architectural planning and design along with configuration and integration support. Also provides operational support for complex, wireless network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices for our networks.
- Design, engineer and support nationwide IP network and WLAN sub-networks.
- Expand and manage high-traffic IP networks.
- Hands-on involvement with installation, management and support for a complex, highly available wired and wireless (802.11 and point-to-point) network infrastructure.
- Network Management, Operational support, configuration and implementation of change request services.
- Analyzing and implementing firewall, router, and switch changes.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills are a must.
- Must have the ability to work well on a team as well as be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability and proven skill set to manage, coordinate and prioritize work tasks to ensure timely and quality work.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the design, administration, and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Effectively work independently on projects/tasks
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of complex networking problems
- Perform analysis of complex network designs
- TCP/IP Network Architecture and Design skills required.
- RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
- Thorough understanding of WLAN technologies, security and network management; including knowledge of wireless technology, including 802.11 b/g/n and point-to-point radio .
- Experience designing and deploying key WLAN applications including Secure Mobility, Voice over WLAN, and Wireless Guest Access.
- Cisco router, switch and WLAN core skills a must.
- Experience with Cisco, Ruckus, Aruba and Meru WLAN experience highly desired.
- Expert level Inter-networking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
- In-depth knowledge of, and experience with, IP networking, LAN switching, IP routing, etc., and of network management, network availability, QOS & capacity planning.
- TCP/IP stack routing protocols experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related area (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university; and 4+ years related network design and engineering experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to gather and organize data, then make logical decisions based on that data and implement a solution.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Visio Suite
Boingo Wireless (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of small cell networks covers more than a million DAS and Wi-Fi locations and reaches more than 1 billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, shopping malls, restaurants, universities, and military bases. The Boingo platform is the only monetization engine of its kind, driving revenue through carrier offload, advertising, location-based data analytics, and consumer products like IPTV, high-speed broadband, and Wi-Fi. For more information about the Boingo story, visit www.boingo.com.