Sales | Santa Monica, CA, United States
SCOPE OF POSITION
EdgeCast is looking for an experienced CDN Solutions Engineer to provide a deep subject-matter expertise to the sales team. The successful candidate will bring a deep industry understanding, as well as a sophistication for the sales cycle in order to close competitive prospects and solve technical issues for existing customers.
Provide pre-sales support for the sales of content delivery/web streaming solutions.
- Provide technical expertise to new and existing customers in order to assist regional sales team in reaching sales revenue goals.
- Responsible for technical pre-sales design recommendations and justifications.
- Manage the technical aspects of sales prospecting and provisioning.
- Communicate technical design requirements and implementation details to sales team and customers, both in formal documentation and verbally.
- Communicate account and project status with internal teams, including sales, customer support and sales engineering management.
- Design, document, and implement Content Delivery (CDN)/Stream caching solutions, incorporating network design method, capacity planning, HTTP, Streaming (RTSP, Flash, HTTP Streaming), SSL, DNS, HTML, Access Control, and W3C compatible WWW technologies.
- 5+ years of proven success within a technical sales or presales role.
- Broad, high-level knowledge of Internet architectures.
- Proven ability to design, direct, document and implement solutions involving HTTP and Stream Caching technologies, including Open Video Platforms (OVP) and Flash/Silverlight/HTML5/iPhone/Droid Players.
- Technical leadership skills for supporting project management, back office & pre-sales staff and in managing projects with little supervision.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience and talented in customer-facing white board and WebEx presentations.
- Proven success managing relationships with customers, vendors and staff.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems.
- Hands-on and deep understanding of HTTP Headers, Flash Media/Windows Media/Wowza Svr2/mobile stream Server/Client and website architectures, and knowledge of XML, Java, Ruby On Rails, PHP Scripting a plus.
- BA/BS required.