Senior Software Engineer in Test
Quality Assurance | Oakland, CA
Join the #1 brand and top Web property focused on answering people’s questions. At Ask.com, we’re building a next-generation Q&A service – spanning both the Web and mobile devices -- that combines the power of search with insight from real users.
Our proprietary algorithms crawl the web for question and answer pairs (400 million and growing), fueling one of the biggest Q&A databases on the Web. This unique technology, combined with answers from real users in our community, makes Ask.com the most comprehensive Q&A service around. At Ask, we empower each individual to succeed, communicate their ideas, and take action.
Our mission is to ensure that rigorous software quality testing standards are designed, developed and implemented to provide the right information, at the right time in the right context to enable better engineering decision making; push the state of the art in our development tools and engineering infrastructure.
As a member of this team, you will participate in all stages of our engineering lifecycle - from initial research and discovery, quick iteration on promising concepts, solution prototyping and development. Our results will be refined by exploiting data and we are passionate about having a culture of learning fast and constantly iterating towards success.
Write code instead of clicking buttons. Help reinvent the quality approach at Ask.com by automating everything possible within our processes. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test who is passionate about using technology to build quality and streamline effort. This is NOT the typical black box testing position. You will code side-by-side with developers on a variety of projects to build the necessary quality tools, frameworks, and infrastructure.
- Get your hands dirty working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks using Java, JUnit, TestNG, Selenium 2, and any other tools you feel can get the job done.
- Work within different technical teams, using your skills and expertise to help automate various parts of many different processes (development, testing, deployment, reporting, etc).
- Create, execute, diagnose failures in, and maintain the scripts and tools within the different frameworks.
- Help the teams design and maintain systems that allow them to own the quality of their products.
- 3+ years in OO coding or OO white box testing, preferably in the area of web-based applications. Programming experience in Java, C++ or any other OO language.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment a plus.
- Experience testing mobile applications and mobile infrastructure.
- Knowledge of relational database design concepts and physical table structures and ability to write SQL statements.
- Experience working within a fast-paced Agile/SCRUM system.
- Exposure to a Test Driven Development (TDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD) environment.
- Knowledge of the benefits and limitations of different scripting languages (such as PERL, Shell, PHP, Python, etc) and unit testing frameworks (Junit, TestNG, etc).
- Outstanding communication skills and attention to detail.
Ask.com does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. Accordingly, agencies are requested not to submit such resumes to our job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company. Recruitment agencies that nonetheless submit unsolicited resumes to Ask.com agree and acknowledge that the company is free to use them at its discretion, including without limitation directly contacting the candidate, and will not under any circumstances be responsible for any recruitment or similar fees related to such unsolicited resumes.
« Back to Openings