Software Engineering | New York, NY
Join the #1 brand and top Web property focused on answering people’s questions. At Ask.com, we’re building a next-generation Q&A service – spanning both the Web and mobile devices -- that combines the power of search with insight from real users.
Our proprietary algorithms crawl the web for question and answer pairs (400 million and growing), fueling one of the biggest Q&A databases on the Web. This unique technology, combined with answers from real users in our community, makes Ask.com the most comprehensive Q&A service around.
At Ask, we empower each individual to succeed, communicate their ideas, and take action. When you work here, you know your contributions will have a direct and immediate impact on the company. We are serious about creating and maintaining a company culture that is both innovative and fun, and we’re looking for great people to come join our team. Summary
Currently, we are looking for an experienced Back-End Developer. This role will be focused on all server-side software development in a multi-tier, database driven, Java, Python and web application environment. The solutions developed operate in a high-transaction environment. Responsibilities
- Problem solver with proven debugging and diagnostic skills
- Able to quickly learn and enhance an existing code base
- Proven ability to address situations with a positive approach
- Coding in a highly-scaled systems processing high volume transactions
- Java, Python, Linux shell scripting
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or closely related)
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience with Java expertise and web development, in a fast-paced (agile like) software environment
- Strong object oriented design and programming experience, multi-threading, large scale development
- Team player with good communication skills.
New York City, New York
« Back to Openings