Software Developer - Delivery
Engineering | Austin, TX, United States
How a software engineer - delivery works
You're someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You want to work with a lot of technologies, with the opportunity to constantly learn new things. You want to automate everything that can be automated and build new tools to help with what can’t.
You know your systems down to the individual bit. You could administer racks and racks of production systems, but you like writing software better. You want to own a diverse portfolio of projects that stretch you, challenge you, and make you excited to come to work every day. You could focus on one area of software, but that's not enough; you want to do more things than fit in a conventional job.
You will build and extend Indeed’s development and deployment infrastructure. You will see your customers every day because they’ll be the developers and sysadmins working by your side. You’ll be drawing on and learning many different technical skills to build new libraries, tools, applications, services, and systems.
You'll be at the nexus of development and operations, working with every team to help them build and support their applications in production. You’ll have opportunities to work from the user-facing front end to the deep infrastructure supporting all of our software systems. You will be at the center of a sophisticated, world-class engineering organization.
Where are we going?
Today, we release our software once or twice a week. That's not nearly fast enough. We want to go from idea to production as quickly as we can while maintaining our unmatched performance and superb stability. We recognize that increasing engineering velocity is the best way to build the best products.
That's where you come in. You will help make this organization faster, better, stronger by building a bulletproof release infrastructure. You will build an automated infrastructure that rapidly detects problems with our software and fixes them. You will enable us to experiment with new ideas and prototypes, and help turn those prototypes into bulletproof production software. You will provide tools and insights that help our developers build better software in less time to help keep our teams small and productive.
Benefits & Perks:
- Strong Java or Java-like programming language
- Python or similar scripting language
- Extensive knowledge of revision control systems, preferably git or SVN
- Build systems, e.g. Ant or Maven
- Dependency management, e.g. Ivy or Maven
- Shell scripting skills
- Relational database
- Prior work as release engineer or build engineer
- Web applications, ideally in Java and/or Python
- NoSQL databases, ideally MongoDB
- Systems administration
- Automated provisioning, e.g. Puppet or Chef
- Workflow automation, e.g. Rundeck
- A degree in computer science or closely related discipline
- Monitoring production systems using tools like Nagios
- Experience with continuous integration systems like Hudson/Jenkins, Cruise Control, TeamCity, etc.
- Familiarity with virtualization and container systems and related automation
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms for writing scalable, high performance software
- DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) experience
Please visit How Indeed Works to learn more: http://www.indeed.jobs
- Competitive salaries and bonus programs
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Commuter benefits
- Wellness initiatives (incentive programs, fitness classes)
- Retirement plan with company match (401K)
- Catered meals, endless snacks and drinks
- Monthly happy hours
- Casual dress code
- Employee development opportunities
- Flexible Work Arrangements