Engineering | Sunnyvale, CA, United States
Ruckus Wireless is a pioneer in the wireless infrastructure market, enabling carriers and enterprises to stay ahead of the exploding demand for high-bandwidth applications and services. The Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi technology redefines what’s possible in wireless network performance with flexibility, reliability, and affordability.
With this technology, we're able to do something that basic wireless technology can't - deliver longer range and more reliable Wi-Fi connections to client devices; Wi-Fi that reaches farther and is inherently more stable due to the adaptive nature and control of our technology.
Ruckus Wireless delivers innovative solutions to the most critical issues facing today’s wireless networks: how to create affordable reliability and how to manage exponential growth. It's what we do. It's in our DNA.
This is an opportunity for a highly skilled Senior Architect/Engineer with significant experience in network security to fully leverage that experience while gaining broader wireless and systems level exposure working at one of the hottest wireless systems companies in Silicon Valley
- In-depth product development experience across all aspects and components of network security including IPSEC, X.509, PKI, RADIUS, AD/LDAP and 802.1X
- Understanding of NAC, IDS, IPS, FIPS, and Common Criteria is highly desired
- Expertise in DDoS, worms and viruses, determination of potential attack surfaces, and guiding penetration testing is required
- Experience and understanding of 802.11 wireless security related protocols including WPA2/802.11i is highly desired but not a prerequisite
- Expert knowledge on Linux operating system security & proven experience hardening carrier-grade IP products intended for complex, multi-tier distributed systems (BSS/OSS experience a plus)
- Demonstrated experience across the full product development lifecycle in a network equipment design environment including concept, design, integration and test, compliance testing, and post release customer/product support
- Work with the wider engineering / development teams, helping to design, develop and maintain software features for networking devices using advanced knowledge of computer security network technologies
- Facilitate implementation of protocols and algorithms for wireless networking related to security
- Develop patches and software features as part of our ongoing maintenance and enhancement activities
- Troubleshoot customer issues in complex network setups, providing guidance for customer deployment issues, acting as the Ruckus public facing interface to customers and partners in regards to security (posture reports, public disclosure, etc.)
- Work on our next generation cloud system, including working to design, develop and deploy various part of the system
- Drive the establishment of internal standards for security testing and compliance
- Act as the subject matter expert driving review of new feature development with respect to the security domain
- Guide outside consultant testing efforts, act as a primary point of contact in all customer related product/network security discussions
- Help establish and manage a security alert policy and notification process
- Drive Ruckus’s involvement in relevant industry security forums.
- BS/BA in CS/EE or equivalent; advanced degree a plus
- 10+ years of experience developing Linux networking systems
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud based systems
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Prior experience in developing IP security products
- Excellent requirements analysis and design skills
- Excellent people interaction skills, very strong oral and written communication skills
- Track record of developing, releasing, and supporting commercially successful networking products
To all recruitment agencies: Ruckus Wireless does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and/or individual recruiters without a signed agreement. Ruckus Wireless will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted through this site, to Ruckus Wireless employees or contractors.