Production Support Engineer
Information Technology | New York, NY, United States
The candidate will join a team responsible for: Providing server and application support to the Production and non-Production environments; providing technical support to external Dealer and Client users of the MarketAxess GUI application; Tracking and resolving issues in the Production and non-Production environments;Providing trading system technical support for internal Operations and Sales groups; Reviewing and improving support processes, monitoring, and alerting.
The candidate will work closely with application developers, release engineering, infrastructure, and business analysts to identify and resolve issues, and promote change within the environment. It is vital that the candidate possess strong problem-solving, time-management, and communication skills.
The candidate will need to work outside of normal business hours regularly, including a rotating nights and weekends on-call responsibility. Position Responsibilities
- Part of the Global support team that provides support in hours between 7am and 6pm.
- Monitor system servers.
- Act on identified issues in all environments, with priority given to problems in the Production trading environments.
- Raise and track issues through the use of the helpdesk ticketing mechanism.
- Answer hotline calls
- Cooperate with support and technical staff at Dealer/Client sites.
- Cooperate with Client Services and other MarketAxess teams to resolve technical issues.
- Participate in global support meetings as requested.
- Participate in night and weekend support and software releases.
- Proficient navigating both windows and Linux environments
- Basic SQL skills to troubleshoot data issues
- Good communication and over-the-phone support skills.
- Perl, batch, shell or other scripting language knowledge.
- Understanding of how a distributed system works.