Director of Investor Relations
Finance | San Jose, CA
We are looking for a Director of Investor Relations based in San Jose, CA, to develop and executing the global investor relations program as well as providing business and analytical support. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and based in San Jose, CA, this leader will be a detail oriented, get things done high achiever. Must have an MBA or advance degree, coupled with 10 to 15 years’ experience including management positions and ability to pull together competitive financial and business analysis. The candidate must have excellent marketing, communication and analytical skills along with the ability to multi-task and proven solid leadership skills.
Overview of Primary Role:
- The primary operating objective of the Investor Relations program is to articulate and communicate clearly to the investment community key business insights and strategies as well as accurately represent and reflect Extreme Networks through periodic investor and security analyst updates.
- This individual will perform analysis and gather research to facilitate faster decision-making, and ensuring communication and reporting are happening smoothly and consistently.
- Working side by side the CEO / CFO, this role offers broad exposure to Extreme’s businesses and entrepreneurship that that will prepare the candidate for numerous leadership roles in the future. This role is a highly influential and visible role at Extreme Networks both internal and external to the company.
Primary Internal and External Relationships:
- Internal relationships: Establish and maintain relationships with the Executive Staff and other leaders in the company.
- External relationships: Establish and maintain relationships with Institutional Investors, Industry Analysts, ISS and NASDAQ.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provides counsel and advice regarding the movement of EXTR Stock prices to other senior leaders.
- Speaks on behalf of the company at investment conferences, investor institutions, and individual meetings.
- Directs and executes the collection, analysis, and presentation of feedback to the company of investors’ perceptions and opinions, brokerage security analysts’ positions and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis. The analysis is provided and presented to the senior leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Executes the global investor relations program, including strategy (linked to the company’s strategy), operating plan, budget, and the detailed execution of the IR operating plan.
- A member of the company’s Disclosure Review Committee, which consists of the CEO, CFO, General Counsel, Corporate Controller and other members of the company. Performs related analysis and creation of recommendations.
- Collaborates in creating and reviewing the company’s external messages and in ensuring that all company external and internal communications are integrated and consistent with those presented to the Investment Community.
- Executes special projects as requested by the CEO / CFO in benchmarking and valuation analyses, 'what if' scenario analyses, and similar work by researching and provide competitive data analysis.
- Perform strategic consulting (analytics, research, investor insights) to make decisions.
- Ensure regular, consistent reporting and updates from executives and other managers, facilitating communication across the organization.
team member for the review of M&A candidates and, working with the Finance
Department, develop combination analysis which includes the most relevant
industry, strategic and operational metrics
- Confident and credible – a great ambassador for Extreme Networks.
- An ethical, active and effective leader with an insatiable appetite to learn.
- 10+ years of prior experience in investor relations, finance, marketing, planning and development, or corporate communication positions for a public company, financial institution or a management consulting firm strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Finance or Economics, MBA strongly preferred.
- Background in Investment Banking or as an Industry Analyst will be a plus.
- Creativity in solving problems and generating innovative solutions.
- Strong business acumen, financial skills, and analytical abilities, including strong Excel modeling and PowerPoint skills
- A positive, resilient individual with a ‘can’ do attitude and able to deliver solutions that will drive change and influence.
- Strong project management skills: ability to drive multiple projects forward, effective leverage of all resources to drive results, ability to create excellent processes.
- Well-honed written, verbal and creative communication skills, including ability to translate insight into content, create slide or written presentations, and create overall communication plans.
- A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance and the resulting value for its stock
- Ability for business travel on short notice.
« Back to Openings