Merchandising | New York, NY, United States
At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home decor. We are
pioneering a new generation in ecommerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and
rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base with our sights set on becoming a
billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer
focused employees across our company and know that continuing to bring together
top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you
bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join
the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company and your career
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of
executives from companies like eBay, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo,
Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors
in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners,
Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and
angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIN)and Marissa Mayer (Google).
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City
(Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
The Brand Development department functions include product sourcing, development and negotiation of proprietary One Kings Lane product.
As an Assistant Brand Manager you will contribute to the continued growth of One Kings Lane as a support to the Senior Brand Manager or Brand Manager. You will have the opportunity to manage a category and work with internal as well as international agent/vendor partners, to help build the One Kings Lane private label.
Our ideal team member must have a passion & a love for home product and has a pride of ownership that maintains a high bar for every task they take on. We are looking for an individual that is comfortable with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines. A natural collaborator with strong organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, is high detail oriented, and has demonstrated analytical skills.
- Work with Manager to identify category opportunities in support of One Kings Lane merchandising strategy, creating corresponding category line list.
- Create category line list.
- Develop detailed project calendar in partnership with Design and Product Development to delivery specification.
- Manage PD calendar timelines for activities post Product Development Brief issue. Partner with Design to ensure that Product Development details are accurate and complete.
- Support Manager in developing vendor capacity plans.
- Support Manager to ensure that cost quotes are complete and accurate.
- Work with Creative Team to confirm product-packaging requirements.
- Work with Quality Assurance to ensure that Testing Protocols are developed and communicated.
- Communicate with Buyer and Planning team on delivery issues and mitigation strategies.
- Support Manager in communicating business results, inventory and margin performance.
- Manage on time delivery and vendor scorecard.
- Foster growth of Brand Assistant.
- 2-4 years of experience in sourcing and product development or related retail experience.
- High Proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to multitask and operate independently with familiarity in working in diverse environments.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Negotiation and analytical acumen.