Merchandising | New York, NY, United States
At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home decor. We are
pioneering a new generation in ecommerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and
rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base with our sights set on becoming a
billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer
focused employees across our company and know that continuing to bring together
top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you
bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join
the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company and your career
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of
executives from companies like eBay, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo,
Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors
in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners,
Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and
angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIN)and Marissa Mayer (Google).
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City
(Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
Design Manager position supports the company’s strategic initiative to grow Global Sourcing and Private Brand. This individual will be a member of our Design Team and assist in bringing creativity, unique, trend right product design to our exclusive products. The Design Manager will report directly to the Director of Design/Product Development. This Design Manager will play a key role within our integrated product development team. Candidate will collaborate with the Managers(s) of Brand Development, Buyer(s) and Vendor partners for their assigned category(s).
- Contributes to our value proposition by supporting merchandise initiatives through collaboration with our internal partners in Merchandising, Brand Development as well as our vendor community. Builds relationships and drives communication to ensure product design requirements are developed, communicated, and implemented.
- Responsible for interpreting trends and translating it into product design in their assigned categories. S/he will also create story boards and presentations in partnership with their Brand Development partners.
- Design Manager will work with the Manager (s) of Brand Development, Director of Design/Product Development and Buyer(s) to determine product specifications for concepts.
- S/he will focus on coordinating and leveraging the efforts of the internal design capabilities of our vendor partners with a focus on speed to market and driving a cohesive product statement.
- Assist the Director of Design/Product Development to execute relevant design strategies by incorporating consumer insights, drive value engineering and improve products both in form and function with a focus on achieving financial objectives.
- Bachelor degree is preferred. A BFA or MFA is highly preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of product design and/or illustration experience with a major retailer, brand or design firm.
- Design experience in developing icons, prints, patterns, and graphics is preferred.
- Additional experience in Home Decorative categories is desired.
- Must have solid hand sketch/illustration skills and must be able to visualize concepts and easily communicate them as part of a cohesive merchandise assortment.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of basic Microsoft Office Programs, Adobe and related design software.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with overseas manufacturers and vendors to develop innovative products lines preferred.
- The ability to travel over 15% globally will be required.