Planning & Business Analytics | New York, NY, United States
One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home that connects daily design inspiration with a fresh collection of select home goods, designer and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market and giving shoppers a fresh alternative to traditional retail stores by changing our ‘shelves’ every day, providing shoppers a fresh assortment of products 365 days a year.
The Merchandise Planner partners with the Buyer by informing merchandising decisions using data and analysis. The Planner possesses the passion to drive business using data and analyses, the analytical horsepower to solve a wide range and large number of merchandising questions quickly but effectively, the ability to flex and rapidly changing and often competing priorities, strong collaboration and communication skills and an innovative drive to improve processes, tools and methodologies.
- Generate sales, margin and inventory goals with partnership with the Buying teams, including actionable plans to meet these goals.
- Design and develop new reporting and dashboards to drive better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
- Analyze in-season performance to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate
- Build assortment plans with the Buying team – both long term and short term – including a sourcing strategy
- Optimize sales events by generating product count, pricing, product mix, price point mix and assortment recommendations
- Manage our in-season inventory, balancing sales, margin and sell-through goals
- Generally, engage in an arm-in-arm partnership with the Buyer to become a true business stakeholder and driver
- Track record of success in analytics, retail, e-commerce and/or home & living industry
- Passion for working with business partners to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver results.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excited to work collaboratively with a broad range of business partners
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities
- Strong desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative analytic approaches, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action.
- 4-6 years in a business decision-driving analytical role (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, merchandise planning)
- 2-3 years of merchandise planning, inventory management and/or retail experience
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics
- Outstanding Excel skills (top 10%)
- Strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools quickly. Experience with SQL, Web Trends, Google Analytics, and/or Tableau would be a plus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels