Creative & Marketing | San Francisco, CA, United States
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling spectacular home décor, we are pioneering a new generation in commerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base – with our sights set on becoming a billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer-focused employees – and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure that we achieve our vision. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company—and your career—together.
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City (Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
As an Interaction Designer at One Kings Lane, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from the conception of new features, collaborating with a cross-function teams to helping ensure the proper implementaton of your designs prior to launch. You will be required to utilize your full range of design, communication and problem solving skills, and you will own a large portion of the One Kings Lane product.
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco and reporting to the Design Director and work collaboratively with San Francisco & New York based teams.
Online portfolio required to apply.
Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
Concept interactions across our four platforms: web, phone, tablet and email. Work collaboratively with other designers, product managers, engineers, merchandisers and buyers to deliver hypothesis driven designs. Work with the product team to develop and lead user research and testing. Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the product and executive teams. Participate in regular design reviews and other team-wide design efforts.
• You take a user-centered approach to design with deep understanding of information architecture, interaction and usability best practices
• Excellent communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail
• Ability to prototype in both low and hi fidelity
• Ability to collaborate with other designers, engineers and product managers
• Ability to empathize with a variety of different types of users
• Deep understanding of information architecture, interaction and usability best practices
• Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
• Experience with user testing
• Experience with e-commerce and retail centric design
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Proficient working in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & Illustrator)
• You are a home decor and interior design enthusiast
• You have experience with lifestyles brands