Planning & Business Analytics | New York, NY, United States
Launched in 2009, One Kings Lane is a leading online destination for the home, connecting daily design inspiration with top-brand, designer, and vintage items you won’t find anywhere else. We’re revolutionizing the home decor market by bringing shoppers a fresh assortment of products every day of the year. With revenue exceeding a quarter of a billion in 2013, we are rapidly growing and have our sights set on becoming a billion dollar business and the next great lifestyle brand.
The Merchandising team at One Kings Lane is the cornerstone of our organization, bringing high-quality products and great value to our loyal following of shoppers each day. To help power that team’s growth and profitability, we are building a Merchandise Planning team to use their exceptional analytic abilities to develop sales and inventory forecasts, inform assortment and pricing decisions, and help manage top line and bottom line growth. We are seeking individuals who possess outstanding quantitative skills, strong collaboration skills, the agility to flex and adapt to rapidly changing factors and priorities, and a passion for building business-driving capabilities and tools.
- Partners with VP and Directors of Merchandising to develop and execute on business-driving insight on assortment, pricing, merchandising, etc.
- Lead a team of Category Planners to
- Work with merchandising, marketing and finance teams to develop sales forecasts based on marketing inputs, historic sales data and new business/merchandise insights
- Create and manage merchandise sales and inventory plans
- Develop open-to-buy and consignment strategies to source inventory, and manage product lifecycle sales and profitability
- Work with merchandising and operations to set pricing and promotions, shipping fees and return policies
- Analyze in-season performance to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate
- Design and develop new reporting and dashboards to support better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
- Track record of success in analytics, retail, e-commerce and home & living industry
- Passion for working with business partners to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver results.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excited to work collaboratively with a broad range of business partners
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization and across geographies
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities
- Strong desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative analytic approaches, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action.
- 8-10 years in a business decision-driving analytical role (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, merchandise planning)
- 4-6 years of merchandise planning, inventory management and/or retail experience
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics. MBA preferred.
- Outstanding Excel skills (top 10%)
- Strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools quickly. Experience with SQL, Web Trends, Google Analytics, and/or Tableau would be a plus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels