Planning & Business Analytics | New York, NY, United States
This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! At One Kings Lane, we’re doing so much more than selling great home décor. We are pioneering a new generation in commerce, building the next great lifestyle brand and rapidly scaling our revenues and employee base – with our sights set on becoming a billion dollar company. We are filled with passionate, innovative, agile and customer-focused employees across our company – and know that continuing to bring together top talent in a collaborative environment will ensure we achieve our vision. If you bring passion and high impact to your work each day, we invite you to apply to join the One Kings Lane family and see where we can take this company—and your career—together.
CEO Doug Mack has assembled one of the top teams in the industry made up of executives from companies like Amazon, eBay, Intuit, Netflix, Zappos, Walmart.com, Yahoo, Polo/Ralph Lauren and Adobe. One Kings Lane has the backing of the best investors in Silicon Valley, including: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (KPCB), Greylock Partners, Tiger Global Management, Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), First Round Capital and angel investors Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn)and Marissa Mayer (Yahoo).
One Kings Lane is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York City (Tribeca) and Beverly Hills.
The Merchandising team at One Kings Lane is the cornerstone of our organization, bringing high-quality products and great value to our loyal following of shoppers each day. To help power that team’s growth and profitability, we are building a Merchandise Planning team to use their exceptional analytic abilities to develop sales and inventory forecasts, inform assortment and pricing decisions, and help manage top line and bottom line growth. We are seeking individuals who possess outstanding quantitative skills, strong collaboration skills, the agility to flex and adapt to rapidly changing factors and priorities, and a passion for building business-driving capabilities and tools.
- Partners with VP and Directors of Merchandising to develop and execute on business-driving insight on assortment, pricing, merchandising, etc.
- Lead a team of Category Planners to
- Work with merchandising, marketing and finance teams to develop sales forecasts based on marketing inputs, historic sales data and new business/merchandise insights
- Create and manage merchandise sales and inventory plans
- Develop open-to-buy and consignment strategies to source inventory, and manage product lifecycle sales and profitability
- Work with merchandising and operations to set pricing and promotions, shipping fees and return policies
- Analyze in-season performance to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate
- Design and develop new reporting and dashboards to support better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
- Track record of success in analytics, retail, e-commerce and home & living industry
- Passion for working with business partners to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver results.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Excited to work collaboratively with a broad range of business partners
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization and across geographies
- Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities
- Strong desire to be hands-on: collaborate with teams, manipulate data, apply innovative analytic approaches, summarize and story-tell, and move the business to action.
- 8-10 years in a business decision-driving analytical role (e.g. investment banking, management consulting, financial planning, merchandise planning)
- 4-6 years of merchandise planning, inventory management and/or retail experience
- 2-3 years of management experience
- Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics. MBA preferred.
- Outstanding Excel skills (top 10%)
- Strong ability to learn reporting/data warehousing tools quickly. Experience with SQL, Web Trends, Google Analytics, and/or Tableau would be a plus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels