Computers/Software | Redwood City, CA | Job number: 326
At NICE, we develop software that continuously collects data from disparate enterprise sources, analyzes it, and provides everybody in an organization – from front-line workers to senior executives –personalized reports relevant to their roles. Together with tools to respond to the data, our customers can initiate and sustain activity that improves job performance.
Our software is in use at many blue chip enterprises. If you have a cell phone, cable or satellite TV, credit card, bank account, insurance policy, or brokerage account you probably have talked with daily users of our software.
What Engineers do at NICE (Redwood Shores):
- Modeling of rapidly changing organizational hierarchies with frequent turnover.
- Efficient processing and correlation of large volumes of data to these complex hierarchies.
- Leveraging many of the new technologies in Big Data Analytics (e.g. Hadoop, grid/cloud computing).
- Design and implementation of actionable, intuitive user interfaces.
- Tools for easy design and development of web forms.
- Tying web forms and reports to automatic background processes (i.e. Business Process Management).
- Mobile applications to deliver our technologies to customer field employees.
What is NICE looking for in new engineers?
- Bachelor's Degree or work experience
- A commitment to writing understandable, maintainable, and reusable software
- Great verbal and oral communication skills
- Be a fast learner
- Work effectively individually as well as collaboratively
NICE to haves...
- Building large-scale enterprise applications using Java and/or web technologies
- Big Data concepts; experience with Hadoop and MapReduce , data warehousing concepts / methodologies
- Service Oriented Architectures
- Cloud or Grid computing
- Business Intelligence experience
« Back to Openings
Apply for this Job