Software Data Engineer
Technology | Arlington, VA
Endgame is looking for software engineers who are excited to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment to create new software components for game changing data and security products. We use high level programming languages, working with terabytes of data in an ecosystem of NoSQL products, both internal and open-source, to implement analysis, data-flow, visualization and security systems. Much of our work is exploratory and experimental.
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, and/or Java to build software products. Bonus points for putting a trendy language – scala, clojure, erlang – into practice
- A deep understanding of systems, networks and protocols. You have strong opinions on the CAP theorem, and battle scars from a system like Cassandra or HBase
- Comprehensive understanding of Linux, big data and networking in modern, heterogeneous environments
- A collaborative approach to software development, a desire to share information and ideas and an ability to see the big picture
Nice to have
- Monitoring and operations responsibility for an application with performance and reliability requirements
- Prior experience building applications on web APIs or working in startups
- Experience with distributed programming using map-reduce, Hive, Pig or Cascading
- Experience with queueing and routing systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka and ZMQ
- Eligible for U.S. security clearance
Endgame is characterized by a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, intellectual engagement, and a competitive compensation structure that rewards performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.