Senior Software Engineer, Data Team
Engineering | San Francisco, CA
Endgame is looking for experienced senior software engineers who are willing and able to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment to create game changing data and security products. We use high level programming languages, working with petabytes of data in an ecosystem of NoSQL products, both internal and open-source, to implement analysis, data-flow, visualization and security systems. Much of our work is exploratory and experimental.
- Must be very familiar with development in a Linux shell environment.
- Familiar with Python, C, and C++.
The person should have significant expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Hadoop and its concepts (MapReduce, HDFS)
- Apache Spark
- Big-Data storage and search and/or NoSQL such as Cassandra, HBase, Impala, Hive, etc
- Document searches like ElasticSearch, SOLR, Xapian, Sphinx, plain old Lucene, etc.
- Queuing Technology like RabbitMQ/AMQP, Kafka, ActiveMQ, AWS SQS, ZeroMQ, etc.
- Eventing concepts/libraries — libev, libevent, epoll, kqueue, etc.
Always a plus:
- Familiar with another major general purpose language like Java, Go, Ruby, etc.
- Networking/Network coding background
- Security Industry background
- Experience working in a distributed-office environment
- Eligibility for a US security clearance
Endgame is characterized by a high degree of autonomy and flexibility, intellectual engagement, and a competitive compensation structure that rewards performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion or sexual orientation.